Baldor-Reliance Food Safe motors, designed with smooth contours and advanced sealing, exceed IP69K for water to maximize motor life in high pressure, sanitary cleaning environments. The product line spans single and three-phase ratings in foot-mounted and footless configurations, providing ultimate flexibility for OEMs and end users to choose the right product for their equipment and applications. Foot-mounted designs meet NEMA standard mounting dimensions with continuously welded independent feet allowing easier access and clearance for proper cleaning procedures.
Three-phase ratings are available from stock in frame sizes 56-280T, ranging from ½ to 30 hp. Single-phase ratings are available from stock in a 56C frame, ranging from ½ to 1 hp.
David Steen, product manager for Washdown Motors, noted, “Building on our experience in working with customers and their stainless steel motor needs, we determined that it came down to one thing – cleanability. If they can clean the motor better, they can protect the food supply better. It’s that simple.”
Designed for uncompromised food safety and equipment reliability, the motors feature:
- Fully encapsulated windings and potted leads housed in high ingress protection rated enclosure effectively seals the motor inside and out
- Laser marked nameplate eliminates the opportunity for food and debris to harbor on enclosure surface
- Unique output seal arrangement provides multiple barriers from ingress of foreign material and withstands high temperature, high-pressure sprays
- Three-phase ratings have a round, 3-piece rotatable conduit box allowing easier connection to incoming power supply
- Single phase ratings have a single conduit box for capacitor and leads, minimizing joints around the motor
For more information, visit www.baldor.com/Foodsafemotors.