IntelLiDrives now offers a new series of low-profile PSR300MHS-ABS tables — large-center-aperture direct-drive rotary servo tables fitted with absolute encoders.
Benefits of absolute encoders and direct drives in rotary servo tables
The major advantage of an absolute encoder over an incremental encoder is that the absolute encoders keep track of position at all times —and provides position as soon as the system gets power.
This feature is most useful in applications where the equipment has power turned off between uses.
Direct drive (DDR) rotary tables eliminate backlash and provide a stiff mechanical system for highly dynamic applications. Integrated with precision bearings and ring encoders, these rotary tables provide ultimate performance in rotary indexing applications.
In the tables IntelLiDrives offers, the direct drive has a low profile of 42 mm. It has a large center aperture of 145 mm.
Resolution reaches 0.25 arc-sec. The incorporated absolute encoder has SSI, BISS-C, and FANUS connectivity. Matching drives are available.
Benefits of a low profile in an indexing design
The low rotor inertia significantly improves the start and stop behavior as well as velocity control — especially compared to conventional rotation stages. That’s thanks to the lightweight direct-drive motor. The result is precise bidirectional speed and position control, which is critical for high-speed motion contouring.
These rotary tables come with matching servo drives and indexers for out-of-box turnkey installation.
Other features of IntelLiDrives direct-drive rotary servo tables
• Advanced sine wave commutation; accurate torque control
• Standalone or CAN distributed drive; step/direction interface
• Electronic gearing to master encoder; ±10-V velocity/current command
• Auto-phasing and auto-tuning; 24 to 160-Vdc or 115/230-Vac operation
• Torque control; velocity control; position control
• PLC indexer or CANopen; EtherCAT connectivity
• Single or dual axes; configuration & easy-to-use tuning and control software
For more information, visit the rotary-tables page on intellidrives.com.
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.