Perfectly at home in the harshest and dirtiest conditions, the SIKO MSK320 ZM magnetic sensor boasts a metallic housing of unrivaled durability. While its main use is for rotary measuring tasks, e.g. measuring the drive shaft speed on all kinds of processing machines: machine tools, woodworking machines and textile machines…it is equally suited to large-scale outdoor applications, e.g. for forestry machinery or stone machining.
Innovative and keen to measure axle or drive shaft RPM directly, but hampered by confined measurement and installation space? Do your machines have to function even in contaminated environments, which may mean dust, shavings, water or oil affecting the operation scope of sensors?
These problems are solved with the SIKO MSK320 ZM magnetic sensor, which masters almost any application thanks to a new metallic housing with protection class IP67 and an extended operating temperature range from -40 up to +80°C (optional). It’s thus tough enough to withstand even the harshest weather conditions, including sub-zero temperatures and condensation when installed outside or possible high solar radiation.
An all-round dedicated player
The sensor leverages “resilience” for extreme versatility. Moreover, the cost-effectiveness of SIKO sensors comes into its own as time goes by; exemplified by the ultra-durable and virtually “indestructible” MSK320 ZM. Concerns about follow-up maintenance or replacement costs are now a thing of the past.
The sensor operates as an open system, wear-free and low-maintenance, while a large selection of related MR320-type magnetic rings are available, to adapt to various shaft diameters.
The wealth of available magnetic rings of varying diameters and pole counts underline their flexible nature, which facilitates use when constructing almost any type of machine. Programming resolutions allows up to 16,000 pulses / rotation.
Even when you push your machine hard, the MSK320 ZM from the SIKO MagLine range remains the first-choice sensor, measuring reliably even at speeds of up to 10,000 to 20,000 rotations/min (depending on ring size).
Self-testing made easy
The new sensor is already available on the market and can be tested out free of charge on request by contacting SIKO GmbH.
- Tried and tested magnetic sensor technology
- Contactless wear-free measuring principle
- IP protection class: IP67
- Various ring diameters available
- Max. movement speed of up to 25 m/sec
- Operating temperature range: minimum -40 to a maximum of +80°C (optional)
- Also usable in contaminated environments: dust, shavings, oil, water etc.
- System accuracy: up to +/- 0.05°
- Resolution and repeatability: +/- 1 increment
- Small and compact construction
- High ring/sensor distance up to 2.0 mm
- Flexible ring sizes
- Available with and without reference point
- High rotation speeds: 10,000 to 20,000 rotations/min