The Power Transmission Distributors Association (PTDA) elected its 2019 Board of Directors and Manufacturer Council at the annual business meeting during the recent PTDA Industry Summit in Colorado Springs, Colo.
Jim Halverson, manager power products, Van Meter Inc. (Cedar Rapids, Iowa) will become PTDA’s president in 2019. Halverson has been active in PTDA since 2009 when he joined the Membership Committee and subsequently served as its chair. Jim has served on the PTDA Board of Directors since 2014.
Following his election, Halverson said, “Accepting the nomination to serve as President of PTDA was a proud and humbling experience. The focus for 2019 will not change; we will continue to work with the PTDA staff and dedicated volunteers on the execution of our strategic plan, ensuring our continued success.”
Joining Halverson on the 2019 PTDA Board of Directors will be:
· First Vice President Brian Davis, executive vice president/COO, B & D Industrial (Norcross, Ga.)
· Second Vice President JP Bouchard, vice president, General Bearing Service Inc. (Ottawa, Ontario, Canada)
· Treasurer Mike McLain, vice president, Allied Bearing & Supply, Inc. (Harahan, La.)
· Immediate Past President Jim Williams, vice president purchasing & supplier relations, Motion Industries Inc. (Birmingham)
· Manufacturer Council Chair Sandy Sullivan, national accounts director, Nidec Motor Corporation/U.S. Motors (St. Louis)
· Manufacturer Council Vice Chair Jeffrey W. Moore, senior vice president mechanical power transmission, ABB Motors and Mechanical Inc.(Greenville, S.C.)
· PTDA Foundation President Brian Short, global strategic account manager, Regal Power Transmission Solutions (Florence, Ky.)
· EPTDA President Zoltan Arkovics, managing director, BDI Europe LTD (Budapest, Hungary)
· Michael Cinquemani, president and CEO, Master Power Transmission, Inc. (Greenville, S.C.)
· Jeff Cloud, president, IBT Solutions (Merriam, Kan.)
· Cameron DeBorde, business development, Bearing Distributors, Inc. (Columbia, S.C.)
· Steven W. DuComb, operations manager, W.C. DuComb Co., Inc. (Detroit)
· Bill Shepard, VP, BDI (Cleveland)
· Tom Weihsmann, SVP & GM, Kaman Industrial Technologies Corp. (Bloomfield, Conn.)
Sandy Sullivan, national accounts director, Nidec Motor Corporation/U.S. Motors (St. Louis) assumes the duties of the PTDA Manufacturer Council chair in 2019. Sullivan has been active in PTDA governance since 2010 when she joined the Industry Relations Committee. Since then, Sandy has served on several committees and task forces and chaired the Communications Committee. She joined the Manufacturer Council in 2015.
“I am honored to lead the Manufacturer Council in 2019. PTDA has been an excellent way for me to learn more about the PT industry and network with U.S. Motor distributors. During my term I would like to continue promoting the PTDA Women in the Industry group to both distributors and manufacturers,” Sullivan said.
Joining Sullivan on the Manufacturer Council for 2019 will be:
· Manufacturer Council Vice Chair Jeffrey W. Moore, SVP mechanical power transmission, ABB Motors and Mechanical Inc.(Greenville, S.C.)
· Immediate Past Chair Chris Curran, president, Climax Metal Products Company (Mentor, Ohio) and vice president, industrial business development, RBC Bearings (Oxford, Conn.)
· Tammy Balogh, VP human resources, Flexco (Downers Grove, Ill.)
· Andrew A.O. Brown, VP, Whittet-Higgins Company (Providence, R.I.)
· Chester Collier, SVP, Walter Service Technologies (Pointe-Claire, Quebec, Canada)
· Randy Disharoon, national accounts director, Rexnord Industries, LLC (Milwaukee)
· Maxine Gomez, new business development sales representative, Belden Universal (Hillside, Ill.)
· Michael Nisenbaum, director industrial sales & marketing, Carlisle Belts by Timken (Franklin, Tenn.)
· Jos Sueters, VP, Tsubaki of Canada Limited (Mississauga, Ontario, Canada)
The Power Transmission Distributors Association (PTDA) is the leading global association for the industrial power transmission/motion control (PT/MC) distribution channel. Headquartered in Chicago, PTDA represents power transmission/motion control distribution firms that generate more than $16 billion in sales and span over 2,500 locations. PTDA members also include manufacturers that supply the PT/MC industry.