Joral LLC introduces the PE18 ProxEncoder non-contact rotary encoder product line. Modeled in a threaded proximity switch housing, the 18-mm true non-contact encoder is designed to capture rotary motion where conventional sensors fail. Two USPTO patents enable the PE18 ProxEncoder to detect on-axis rotation with up to 0.5-in. (12 mm) air gap between the application and sensor.
The PE18 is 100% encapsulated for an IP69K configuration that survives destructive conditions like submersion in hydraulic oil, deep sea salt water, dust control spray, or corrosive wash. It is available with common communications including analog, quadrature, and CAN J1939. The PE18 ProxEncoder product line is designed to cater to both mobile hydraulic and industrial installations.
Additional features of the PE18 ProxEncoder include:
- 18-mm threaded proximity switch style housing
- 0.10-in. (2.5-mm) axial misalignment
- 30° planar tilt
- Rated MIL-STD 202 for shock and vibration resistance
- Available Housings: Anodized aluminum and stainless steel
- Customizable connector options available
To learn more about the PE18 ProxEncoder and see a working animation, visit www.ProxEncoder.com.