Now, a new custom ac drive is helping make a boat lift work faster and survive longer.
A boat lift for residential use essentially takes a boat up in hoists and then stores it out of the water. That helps keep the boat — usually a private watercraft stored adjacent to a lake, river, or canal populated by residential spaces — cleaner and (in saltwater areas) out of corrosive washes.
Typical boat lifts of this type must also endure harsh outdoor environments. Inside, typical controller units contain:
• Inputs for limit switches
• Circuitry that allows operation when supplied with power via a GFCI circuit
• Connections for a simple-to-operate interface
• Integrated intelligence for Pass Code Protection
In one newer setup for Portco Marine, KB Electronics supplied an I/O module and other hardware and software to make a more robust setup for end users.
More specifically, KB engineers picked a KBDA-27D variable-frequency drive with NEMA 4X and IP 65 protection and a custom Input/Output module. The NEMA 4X enclosure makes the drive withstand the outdoors. The drives are rated for 1HP-3Ø motors and can operate off either 115 or 230 Vac.
KB Electronics also developed and supplied custom software for the boat lift. The programming incorporates key specifications, including:
1. A dedicated input for remote control operation
2. Dedicated input for high/low limit switches
3. Tamper-proof pass code system to prevent unauthorized use
4. GFCI circuit operation
A custom front label includes the customer’s logo and special functions. In addition, the drive is factory programmed for immediate use with no setup — right out of the box.
Read more Case Studies at KB Electronics’ website.
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.