• Model KBAC-217 is rated 5 hp and operates from a 230 Vac line.
• Model KBAC-416 is rated 10HP and operates from a 460 VAC line.
The drives are housed in a rugged NEMA 4X / IP65 die-cast aluminum enclosure with a hinged cover. They are washdown and watertight for indoor and outdoor use.
S-suffix models (e.g. KBAC-217S) contain a factory installed On/Off AC Line Switch.
The switch is equipped with a mechanical interlock that prevents the drive cover from being opened unless the switch is set to the OFF (“O”) position. The switch also contains a safety lockout feature that can be used with a padlock which prevents the drive from being turned on while the related equipment is being serviced.
Switching Frequency and GFCI Operation
Jumper J12 allows the drive’s switching frequency to be set to
8 kHz (factory setting) or 12 kHz, and GFCI operation.
- The 8 kHz setting is suitable for most applications, such as general machinery and equipment, which require constant torque operation.
- The 12 kHz setting should be used for variable torque operation (such as HVAC, fans, pumps, etc.). Note: Jumper J10 should also be set to the “VT” (Variable Torque) position, which will reduce motor noise and improve efficiency.
- For GFCI operation select position G1 for standard GFCIs or G2 for sensitive GFCIs (note: may increase motor noise).
AC Line Filter (Available for all Models)
Provides Class “A” RFI (EMI) suppression. Complies with CE Council Directive 89/336/EEC Industrial Standard. Add suffix “F” to any drive model.
Optional accessories abound.
• Forward-Stop-Reverse Switch (Part No. 8888): Provides motor reversing and stop functions.
• Run-Stop-Jog Switch (Part No. 8889): Selects speed setting from either the Main Speed Potentiometer or the JOG Trimpot.
• Signal Isolator (Part No. 8890): Provides isolation between a non-isolated signal source and the drive.
• Auto/Manual Switch (Part No. 8891): When used with the Signal Isolator, it selects the remote process signal or the Main Speed Potentiometer.
• Liquid-tight Fittings (Part No. 8892): Provides a liquidtight seal for wiring the drive. Kit includes necessary liquid-tight fittings.