Oerlikon Drive Systems segment, with its two brands Oerlikon Fairfield and Oerlikon Graziano, is displaying its latest high-tech solutions for all types of construction and mobile machinery applications at the ConExpo-Con/Agg exhibition at the Las Vegas Convention Center through March 11, in South Hall 3 Space # S81015. Oerlikon Drive Systems, located in the Americas, Europe and Asia has an extensive background in product development and manufacturing with over 95 years of expertise in all mobility markets.
ConExpo-Con/Agg/IFPE is the international gathering place every three years for the construction industries, with a focus on construction, aggregates and ready mixed concrete. The event features exhibits of the latest technologies and innovations in equipment, products and services plus extensive industry-targeted education.
Oerlikon Drive Systems segment is a leading global provider of drive solutions used in a wide range of machinery and equipment for construction, mining, agriculture, energy and transportation and thanks to the company’s worldwide expansion is a preferred partner for the design and development, testing and manufacturing of drive solutions.
Since 2016, Oerlikon Drive Systems has developed a more focused and dedicated organisation to Aftermarket Services, enabling to deliver compelling products and service solutions improving service levels to its partners, distributors and customers.
Through the life of the customer products, the Segment is able to provide:
– service parts to support its extensive line of planetary drives, transmissions and axle products;
– repair and refurbishment for all types of its gear and drive assemblies;
– knowledgeable technical and customer service support; a highly competent distribution network;
– Torque Hub service kits with seals, bearings, hardware and instructions.
Highlights of the products on display:
Oerlikon Fairfield Torque Hub range of planetary drives is one of the most recognised brand in the industry, delivering torque output and long-life performance required for industrial machinery and off-highway mobile equipment. Available with integrated Torque Lock parking brake, the different models can be assembled on different applications in the off-highway, construction and mining market, with a special mention on E01 Electric drive and 7000 series electric wheel drive:
• AWP (aerial wok platform drive): two versions of integrated drives – one hydraulic and one electric demonstrating our progress in this area. In addition a new AW series of propel drives (AW04 – AW17) will be introduced by a movie explaining the new program
• Electric drives: 7000 series drives including integrated or bolt on motors and/or brakes, AC or DC motor inputs, voltages, reduction rations, speed and temperature sensors. Package sizes vary depending on the motor manufacturer and technology. The latest from Ashwoods Motors features interior permanent magnet technology, which allows for a small and efficient drive design
• Hybrid Electric Wheel loader System: the system includes wheel drive, inverters, capacitor and generator. It is a functioning model of the capacitor with the possibility to see the internal components
• Swing Drives: S1 and S3 models covering intermittent torque outputs from 15,000 lb-in (1,690 Nm) to 1,000,000 lb-in (113,000 Nm). Packages are available inclusive of motors, valves and brakes.
Shifting Solutions (Synchroniser unit for heavy-duty applications)
The synchronizer of choice for the major OEMs is Oerlikon Graziano, brand very well known in the mobility market. The high-torque strut type offers reduced shift effort and faster shift time, giving drivers greater vehicle control and improved productivity. Modular by design and available in single cone 153 or single-double cone 168-162/170 designation, the synchronizer can be characterized with a range of friction material options for optimised performance, as determined by individual transmission requirements. The heavy-duty strut-type synchronizers can also provide an upgrade from traditional, less-efficient, pin-type units.
Motor grader rear axle systems
The systems cover entirely the motor grader needs from 10 to 20.5 tons machine operating weight. Quick adaptation to the ground conditions and excellent working performances in rough working condition or in fine levelling. Wet disc brakes fitted outboard on each wheel hub for greater braking capacity and performances in heavy conditions as mining.
Oerlikon Drive Systems segment is one of the world’s largest manufacturers of gears of all types and sizes: spur, helical, bevel, Zerol and hypoid. The gear sizes range from 12-mm diameters used in high performance automotive transmissions up to two-meter diameter gears, which harness the power of wind turbines. Our manufacturing centers worldwide provide the global reach to support production where our clients need us.
Crown wheel and pinion sets
Oerlikon Drive Systems segment has a worldwide reputation for the manufacture of crown wheel and pinion sets used in the most technical challenging or complex construction equipment, agricultural and specialist automotive applications, applying all the technologies available on the market today.
Custom engineered products
Variety of custom drive assemblies (all used in mining applications) show our capability to engineer full drive systems for a wide range of duty cycles and applications. In addition two examples of complex, difficult to manufacture gear forms are on display—the “squirrel cage” gear using in frac transmissions and a bevel gear / carrier machined from solid.
Oerlikon Drive Systems