The OMD18 is an integrated stepper motor drive and motion controller in one. Through a simple RS485 communications interface the engineer can control a stepper motor with exceptional control and accuracy. Selectable acceleration ramps at velocities up to 2M steps/sec.
Selectable step size resolution from full up to 1/16 fractional step.
The drive’s small design lets engineers mount it on the back of a stepper motor … and the drive includes a hole in the center so the shaft of a linear actuator motor can pass through when motor mounted in this way. More after the jump.
OMD18 integrated stepper motor drive features
• Advanced control through RS485 interface
• Velocity = 0 to 2M steps per second
• Step resolutions include full, 1/2, 1/4, 1/8 & 1/16
• Exceptional accuracy of ±0% of position and 2% of velocity
• Single supply voltage +8V to +30V … and 0 to 1.7 amp phase current; Motor current set through the interface
• Center mounting hole for linear actuator stepper motors; easy wiring with screw-terminal connectors
• Stepper motor drive needs no heat sink
More about the manufacturer: OMS Motion
OMS Motion has been producing world-class motion control for more than 30 years. With over 500,000 axes installed worldwide, it makes capable motion control products. OMS products are continuously evolving to provide the reliability, accuracy, and performance needed for complex applications at the best value for today’s ever-changing market. Whether it’s vital medical analysis, precise semiconductor equipment, or advanced scientific research, OMS is trusted by engineers who demand perfection.