POSITAL’s new kit encoders give manufacturers of servomotors and other machinery an accurate and rugged option for including rotary-position measurement in designs. At the core of these new kits are POSITAL’s self-contained magnetic rotary encoders. But now the core components of these sensor assemblies come separate to facilitate easy integration into other products.
• Electrical Resolution is 17-bit Singleturn — and up to 32-bit multiturn
• BISS C, SSI, and RS485-based protocols; assemblies are robust and easy to install
• Sensing mode is insensitive to dust and moisture; based on Wiegand energy harvesting
• Offers alternative to resolvers as well as traditional optical feedback components
• Accuracy of 0.1° and operating temperature from -40 to +105° C — More after the jump …
POSITAL kit encoders have key advantages over rotary-motion sensors traditionally used with servomotors and rotating equipment.
• Compared to resolvers, they’re more accurate and are capable of multiturn measurement. They output digital signals instead of the analog signals produced by resolvers.
• POSITAL’s magnetic encoder technology provides lower precision than the best optical disk encoders, but is less costly and less vulnerable to oil or dust ingress — plus is more resistant to shock and vibration.
• POSITAL encoders provide an all-electronic multiturn absolute position measuring that evaluates the full absolute angular position, including the total number of shaft rotations.
• No coupling or bearings means the kit is compact and eliminates failure points.
POSITAL magnetic kit encoders are easy to incorporate into manufacturing processes, as they’re forgiving of average assembly conditions. Built-in self-calibration compensates for small sensor-to-shaft alignment errors. Kits going into servomotors with magnetic brakes get a magnetic shield to isolate the magnetic pickups of the measurement system.
All the kit’s electronic components (Hall-effect sensors, a 32-bit microprocessor) are inside a 36-mm-diameter unit that’s 24.2 mm thick. For more information, visit posital.com/en.