Kollmorgen’s new Programmable Controller Multi-axis Master (PCMM) is a powerful new motion controller that meets a broad range of OEM requirements for a wide range of machines. The PCMM delivers complete PLC and motion control functionality in a compact, easy-to-use controller. Integrated programming, configuration screens, and diagnostics in a single software package simplify and minimize setup time, resulting in faster time to market for OEMs.
The PCMM also offers superior scalability. It is versatile enough for a simple 1-axis machine as well as more complex machines with 100 or more axes. The PCMM often eliminates the need for large, expensive PCs. By using a single modular/scalable controller, OEMs are also able to reduce inventory, installation and design efforts. The compact size and multi-network connectivity of the PCMM help with modularity, meaning OEMs do not have to use multiple control platforms.
Key benefits and features of Kollmorgen’s PCMM include:
- Higher performance motion and increased machine throughput
- IEC 61131-3 Programmable Automation and Motion Controller
- EtherCAT® Master for high-performance motion and device synchronization
- Coordinated control of up to 128 axes
- Synchronized path control, 250 usec for up to 32 axes
- Communication over TCP/IP, MODBUS®, EthernetIP®, Profinet® to host PLC, Computer, or Network
- Onboard Digital I/O with support for expansion I/O and other devices over EtherCAT®
- Integrated Webserver for remote diagnostics and status checking
- Removable SD memory card for simple back up and program loading
- All-in-one IDE includes PLC and motion programming, system configuration and diagnostic tools, plus one-click simulation for rapid prototyping
The PCMM is ideal for use in a number of industries including packaging, printing, converting, material forming, general motion control, food and beverage, medical and robotics.
For more information, visit www.kollmorgen.com.