Allied Motion Technologies has introduced the electric power steering (EPS) series for steer-by-wire warehouse vehicles, autonomous AGVs, and similar material transport vehicles needing a robust electric steering solution.
The EPS series is a compact, fully integrated motor, gearbox, controller, and optional output pinion. It’s available in 3 frame sizes and 16 models to cover virtually any electric steering requirement in applications from small pallet lifters to AGVs/AGCs to multi-ton reach trucks.
The EPS series also offers an optional patent-pending feature – the Turning Wheel Absolute Position Control, which allows the controller to know the absolute position of the turning wheel without the need of external sensors. Combined with Allied’s patent-pending SWS steering wheel position sensor for manually-operated vehicles, the EPS series offers a complete electric steer-by-wire solution for material transport vehicles.
Features of the Allied Motion EPS series include:
- 24, 36, or 48 Vdc battery operation (72 to 80 Vdc optional)
- EN13849 approved
- Customizable mounting flange, output shaft, and output gear
- Can be used in cold storage environments with temperature down to -35°C
- Optional tiller arm
- Optional Turning Wheel Absolute Position Control
- CAN communication for control and diagnostics
For more information, visit www.alliedmotion.com.