Gearmotors use gears to reduce speed, which makes more torque available. The kind of gears used in gearmotors have an impact on the available torque, but also on things like noise levels and accuracy. In fact, one of the more common sources of inaccuracy in gearmotors is due to gear backlash. So reducing the amount of backlash will lead to a more … [Read More...] about How to get zero backlash out of gearing?
FROM THE EDITORS
Festo Power Up initiative aims to transform machine building for food and beverage
Achieving precision and speed in PCB manufacturing
When is it time to switch to a servomotor?
Fast set-up of motor control systems from igus with no lengthy programming
Small and speedy wins the race
Today on Motion Control Tips
- Achieving precision and speed in PCB manufacturing
- AMC debuts new compact servo drive
- Incremental encoder from FAULHABER features high resolution and accuracy
- Nidec debuts precision gear reducer with multiple built-in sensors
- WAGO expands Compact Controller 100 family
- Neugart extends Economy series gearboxes with smaller frame sizes
- Bosch Rexroth to expand ctrlX DRIVE portfolio