AC induction motors are used to drive loads such as fans, pumps, lifts, and conveyors. But in some applications, the motor is also used as a brake to stop the load, reverse its direction, or hold the load and prevent it from moving. And while there are several methods of braking for AC motors, if the application requires a controlled stop, a method … [Read More...]
FROM THE EDITORS
Today on Motion Control Tips
- What is flux braking and how does it differ from regenerative braking?
- New sensor technology for servo components helps deter line downs and optimize machine uptime
- Programming variable frequency drives for variable-torque applications
- 5-axis stage with closed-loop motors for high-precision positioning
- What role does Linux play in motion control systems?
- What are motor starters?
- Servo drive modules from Trinamic handle up to 1,000 W