Gearmotors use gears to reduce speed, which makes more torque available. The kind of gears used in gearmotors have an impact on the available torque, but also on things like noise levels and accuracy. In fact, one of the more common sources of inaccuracy in gearmotors is due to gear backlash. So reducing the amount of backlash will lead to a more … [Read More...] about How to get zero backlash out of gearing?
FROM THE EDITORS
Renishaw launches new line of industrial automation products
Mitsubishi Electric Automation launches next iteration of MELSERVO-J5 servo product platform
When is it time to switch to a servomotor?
Fast set-up of motor control systems from igus with no lengthy programming
Small and speedy wins the race
Today on Motion Control Tips
- Mitsubishi Electric Automation launches next iteration of MELSERVO-J5 servo product platform
- Kollmorgen expands series of stepper drives with closed-loop position control
- Rigid shaft end adapters eliminate need for shaft replacement
- Controller for wireless safety and control of machines, robots receives SIL 3 Certification
- What you need to know about new motor efficiency standards
- Next generation absolute encoders feature new magnetic sensing technique
- Absolute encoders — facts and misconceptions