Rotating equipment such as motors, gearboxes, and fans can experience a torque overload if the system encounters an unexpected malfunction such as a jam or crash of the driven load. One way to protect these expensive components — and to avoid physical injury to personnel — is to install a torque limiter in the drive train. A torque limiter is a … [Read More...] about How do ball detent torque limiters work and when are they used?
FROM THE EDITORS
Today on Motion Control Tips
- New absolute encoder for harsh environments from Netzer Precision
- How do ball detent torque limiters work and when are they used?
- Bosch Rexroth marks 225 years in business
- Integrated servo drives in EtherCAT I/O terminal format
- NORD offers ECO energy and carbon emission optimization service
- Encoder Products Company offers draw wire motion feedback solution
- New notched belt boasts zero maintenance