One common, modern method for controlling three-phase induction motors and permanent magnet synchronous motors (aka BLAC or PMAC motors) is field oriented control, which independently controls the magnetizing and torque-producing components of the stator current. This allows the torque-producing component to be kept orthogonal to the rotor flux, … [Read More...]
FROM THE EDITORS
Today on Motion Control Tips
- Applied Motion Products debuts programming tools for Python language
- New high-speed, compact brushless motors from Portescap
- What is Space Vector Pulse Width Modulation (SVPWM)?
- What are photoelectric proximity sensors?
- New 200-W high-torque brushless servo motor from maxon
- Dorner Latin America Now Manufacturing at New Facility in Mexico
- What are pallet conveyors? (Not to be confused with pallet-moving conveyors)