Gearmotors use gears to reduce speed, which makes more torque available. The kind of gears used in gearmotors have an impact on the available torque, but also on things like noise levels and accuracy. In fact, one of the more common sources of inaccuracy in gearmotors is due to gear backlash. So reducing the amount of backlash will lead to a more … [Read More...] about How to get zero backlash out of gearing?
FROM THE EDITORS
c3controls introduces new line of dc miniature circuit breakers
New ring force sensors with galvanically isolated input
When is it time to switch to a servomotor?
Fast set-up of motor control systems from igus with no lengthy programming
Small and speedy wins the race
Today on Motion Control Tips
- New VLM-60 multi-turn encoder from Netzer Precision
- New ring force sensors with galvanically isolated input
- Combined PLC+HMI increases display size, I/O options
- Compact, rugged PC built to connect industrial floor to cloud
- Full ceramic radial bearings for extreme environment applications
- Considerations for HMI in motion control
- Programmable POSITAL encoders now support fractional pulse rates