Safety is a critical machine design criteria. For example, the most common functional safety standards for machines in automation are EN/IEC 62061 and EN/ISO 13849-1. Both deal with safety via electronic solutions. This is in contrast to traditional safety systems that used electromechanical components for safety functions. Functional safety is … [Read More...]
FROM THE EDITORS
Today on Motion Control Tips
- What does integrated safety in motion control mean?
- Servo amplifier with multi-network interface from Mitsubishi Electric
- Allen-Bradley motor controller adds integrated safety
- Next generation of I/O fieldbus couplers from WAGO
- Motion controllers: Design from scratch or buy ready-made?
- How are industrial shock absorbers different from other damping systems?
- New outer-rotor brushless motor features high power density