Heat is a major factor in the performance and life of a motor, and one of the primary sources of motor heating is current running through the motor windings. Since heating is an unavoidable condition of motor operation, it's important to protect the motor from overheating, or thermal overload. In a previous post, we described several types of … [Read More...] about What are thermal overload relays and what motion components do they protect?
Today on Motion Control Tips
- Beckhoff introduces contact-free, flying motion technology with XPlanar
- Miniature gearing and planetary gearing in haptic feedback
- XTS from Beckoff offers hygienic design with optimal cleanability
- What are thermal overload relays and what motion components do they protect?
- What are HMI-PLC combination units and where do they make sense?
- What’s the difference between dynamic braking and regenerative braking?
- What are busbars and how are they used in motion control applications?