Power-off brakes are commonly used in motion control applications for stopping or holding a load (or both), especially on vertical axes or for emergency stop functionality in servo applications. Power-off brakes are so named because the brake is engaged when power is removed from the system — either intentionally or accidentally. (Power-off brakes … [Read More...] about What are electromagnetic power-off brakes and where are they used?
FROM THE EDITORS
Today on Motion Control Tips
- Customized and reliable stepper motors address HVAC damper application extremes
- What are electromagnetic power-off brakes and where are they used?
- New compact servo motor features integrated positioning controller
- Low-profile kit-style limited angle torque motor
- What is Single Pair Ethernet (SPE) and how is it used in industrial applications?
- SDP/SI adds integrated motors to simplify motion system design
- How to calculate continuous and peak torque values for servo applications