All electric motors operate with inherent losses from a number of different areas. Some are inherently mechanical (think friction losses as heat) while others are electrical, from current in conductors, also known as I2R losses, to losses due to hysteresis and eddy currents in the iron components of a motor. One type of loss that is especially … [Read More...]
FROM THE EDITORS
Power and free conveyors: Where do they excel?
Servo drives from Elmo Motion Control make for quick settling … for faster wafer testing
Advanced manufacturing, materials yield new, efficient traction drives
FAQ: How do proprietary and open-source PC control software programs compare?
Today on Motion Control Tips
- Advanced manufacturing, materials yield new, efficient traction drives
- Washdown servo motors for industrial applications from KEB America
- Incremental encoders now with space-saving angled cable exit
- Servo drives from Elmo Motion Control make for quick settling … for faster wafer testing
- NORD launches next generation two-stage bevel gear motors
- How to address leakage current from motor to ground?
- Advanced manufacturing and materials have made an highly efficient traction drive possible