A universal motor is a series-wound motor — meaning that the field and armature windings are connected in series — and is mechanically commutated with brushes and a commutator. Although its construction is very similar to a series-wound DC motor, a universal motor incorporates several modifications that allow it operate properly on either DC or AC … [Read More...]
FROM THE EDITORS
Build conveyors in real time with Dorner’s new 3D Preview
Totally encapsulated J1 rotary encoders IP69k electrical protection from Joral
What are stand-alone motion cards?
FAQ: How do proprietary and open-source PC control software programs compare?
Today on Motion Control Tips
- PTDA research reports strong sales in 2017; index above 5 year average
- Build conveyors in real time with Dorner’s new 3D Preview
- How can a universal motor operate on either DC or AC supply?
- What are stand-alone motion cards?
- How an IDE reduces development time in PACs
- Totally encapsulated J1 rotary encoders IP69k electrical protection from Joral
- New igus robolink Apiro is modular kinematics system for automation