Kollmorgen’s new EKM series of enhanced, high-performance, brushless ac servo motors are Mil-Spec 810E rated and IP67 sealed for duty in harsh environmental conditions. They are supplied standard with a stainless-steel shaft and chemical agent-resistant paint for reliable duty in harsh environmental conditions.
The EKM brushless servo motors feature high power and torque density and are suitable for most aerospace and military specifications. They are a commercial off the shelf solution, a standard product offering with customization available.
A summary of the features include:
- 0.43 to 53 Nm continuous stall torque (3.8 to 467 lb-in.)
- Speeds up to 8,000 rpm meet high speed requirements
- 480 Vac high voltage insulation
- Custom windings, shaft variations, and failsafe brakes available
- Rugged resolver feedback for extreme environment, with operating temperature range of – 51°C to 54° C
- Shock and vibration tested per MILSTD810E, Methods 516.4 & 514.4, Procedure 1
- International standard mount available
- Low-cog, low harmonic distortion magnetic designs
- Connectivity: High performance nickel-plated MIL-C-38999 connectors with total environmental sealing, quick mating, triple lead threaded, self-locking coupling, as well as EMI and RFI shielding (both front-facing and rear-facing options are available)
- Stainless steel shaft and fasteners prevent external corrosion while a chemical agent resistant paint allows resistance to harsh outdoor environments and chemicals
- Sealing: IP67 rated for ingress prevention and brief submergence as well as 100-psi wash down (viton shaft seal comes standard)
For more information, visit www.kollmorgen.com.