Galil Motion Control Inc. has released the Galil Design Kit, the company’s newest software environment, providing easy communication with Galil’s motion controllers and PLCs. Galil recently introduced the new scope and tuner to GDK’s growing list of tools and capabilities. All tools are customizable by editing the XLM, located in the “more options” menu at the top right corner of the software.
“The scope and tuner tools of GDK now provide customers with the functionality to easily troubleshoot and tune a system,” said Amber Ehardt, applications and marketing engineer with Galil Motion Control.
“GDK’s wide range of tools increases the motion control system’s performance and decreases integration time and effort.”
GDK currently includes these six tools:
- Scope: emulates a traditional digital oscilloscope.
- Tuner: assists in optimizing a system’s performance.
- Terminal: sends commands and receives responses from the controller.
- Editor: writes, saves and executes application programs.
- Viewer: enables real-time viewing of the controller’s I/O status, motor position and more.
- Setup: reads, edits, saves and restores all controller memory.
GDK’s communications library, gclib, now uses a communications server by default. This software layer works as a multiplexer to the hardware and allows multiple applications to communicate with the same controller. Data that was once only available to one application is now distributed to all subscribing clients. The benefit is that an application can leverage all communication features of a Galil controller while an attached debugger, for example GDK, can also have full-featured access.
For more information, visit www.galilmc.com.
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.