“This move will serve to greatly improve product lead times as well as offering greater levels of customer support and customization options,” says Jeremy Miller, Parker’s Linear Mechanics Product Manager. New customization options include a parallel motor mount, purge ports, multi-axis configurations, and pinning options, amongst a multitude of others.
In addition, the standard configurable option set has been extended to include a number of additional features, including mounting to Parker Automation’s North American motor and gearhead complement. This includes ‘Express’ options for pre-mounted motors and gearheads from our most popular product families. These ‘Express’ options have been configured to maximize system performance and provide a competitively priced, complete electromechanical solution, captured in a single part number.
With five different frame sizes, two different drive train options, multiple motor mounting, carriage and sensor options, and an IP54 protective cover option, along with a multitude of other customizable features, the HMR was designed with application optimization in mind and with a goal of reducing overall design time.
“Guided by two precision square rail bearings, the HMR has enormous moment and payload capacity,” says Miller. “The options of either a high-efficiency timing belt drive or a precision ball screw with multiple lead options allow the user to maximize performance within their system.” Ease of use was at the core of this new actuator design, by integrating externally accessible lubrication fittings into the carriage which evenly disperse lubricant across the bearing trucks and ball nut making for easier machine maintenance and driving down overall maintenance costs. In addition, there are options for two different chassis profiles, allowing the user to choose between a low-profile and cost-effective “basic” version, or a “reinforced” version providing great structural rigidity for long unsupported spans.
Potential applications for the HMR include packaging equipment, material handling, robot transfer, and other general automation applications, but given the extensive adaptability of this actuator, it is ideally suited for seamless integration into any machine layout.
HMR High Moment Rodless Linear Actuator Features:
· 5 profile sizes: 085, 110, 150, 180 and 240mm
· Dual drive train: precision ball screw or high-efficiency timing belt
· Load capacity up to 26,600 N
· Max thrust to 5,560N (screw) and 4,000N (belt)
· Standard strokes up to 2300mm (screw) and 6000mm (belt)
· Max speed to 1.6 m/s (screw) and 5 m/s (screw)
· 2 Profile types: basic and reinforced
· Tandem and bi-parting carriage options
· Optional sensor locations: internal (protected under the cover) or external
· Belt version has four mounting locations at 90 degrees around axis of motion
· Easy lube fittings on carriage
· Pre-configured motor, gearhead, and control package options
· Diverse range of accessories and mountings
· IP54-rated cover option
· Ambient temperature range: -30°C to +80°C