The i146-SCE is a modular, high-performance DC servo drive, developed to meet requirements of Marine & Subsea market. It’s a fully custom design that fits within the customer motor housing, who needed a high power servo drive in a small package.
It has been specially designed for BLDC servo motor control on thrusters on board of subsea vehicles such as manned submersibles, AUV’s or ROV’s. Its cylindrical shape allows an easy and compact assembly in the thruster body.
The i146-SCE series is based on a 3-board assembly which allows multiple configurations to achieve various current and voltage ranges. It delivers up to 1 kW continuous power operating with a voltage range between 100 VDC to 400 VDC.
The i146-SCE is capable of operating in velocity and current modes using an external analog command source. User configurable pre-stored programs manage appropriate control and fault handling.
It uses digital Hall sensors for both servo motor commutation and velocity feedback loop, avoiding using external feedback devices and therefore simplifying wiring and enhancing durability. Hall sensor inputs are high noise tolerant, allowing reliable operation even when feedback and power cables need to be wired closely in hermetic subsea connectors.
Features at a glance:
• Rugged design
• High noise tolerant Digital Hall sensors
• Isolation between power and control
• Designed to fit on thruster body
• Different power ranges with exchangeable boards
• Easy maintenance and wiring thanks to design based on stacked PCBs
• Configurable and programmable with MotionLab suite
• Tropicalized under request
• Customer-specific firmware and drive commissioning files