The new DTA7 Series of Motor Thermistor Relays from Carlo Gavazzi are capable of monitoring the temperature of up to six motors (via thermistors on the internal windings). This type of monitoring and control prevents false alarms, which may cause interruptions in production and expensive machine downtime.
Features include universal power supply (which reduces the available part numbers choices by 67%) and a bi-color LED which, through different colors and blinking statuses, provides diagnostics, i.e. Power ON, PTC failure(s), Alarm and the ready to RESET state. One or two output versions are available to facilitate control of the motor(s), with two output devices having the ability to control other auxiliary devices, such as an alarm indicator lamp, PC or PLC.
The DTA7 Series of Motor Thermistor Relays are useful in most applications where motors are used, especially where overloads are frequent and may cause motor damage, i.e. pumping stations in water treatment, conveyors in materials handling and chillers in HVAC systems. Main features include:
- 35.5 mm Mini DIN housing, with screw terminals
- 24 Vac/dc to 240 Vac/dc, 50/60 Hz power supply
- 1 SPDT (DTA71) or 2 SPDT relay output (DTA72)
- Relay contacts are NEMA B300 rated @ 240 Vac
- Output 1 is DE-ENERGIZED on alarm (DTA71/DTA72)
- (Optional) Output 2 ENERGIZED on alarm (DTA72)
- Multifunction LED
- PTC short/ open detection
- Auto or manual, local or remote reset, test function
- Ready for reset function
The DTA7 Series of Motor Thermistor Relays is available from Carlo Gavazzi’s North American network of sales offices, distributors, and online at www.GavazziOnline.com.
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.