Dynapar announces a new addition to its compact and rugged NorthStar SLIM Tach family, the SLIM Tach ST56 Encoder. This redesigned magnetic digital tachometer shows its versatility in being able to provide reliable position and velocity feedback from electric motors in both industrial and harsh duty environments while being mechanically compact for space constrained applications. The SLIM Tach ST56 design will provide our customers with superior ease-of-installation coupled with precision sensing technology and will be available in a variety of mechanical configurations to custom fit your application.
The new design continues the NorthStar tradition of rugged and robust construction while upgrading the sensing technology and overall mechanical design to provide our customers with the widest sensing gap in the industry at 60 thousandth’s air gap. These encoders also come with a convenient diagnostic LED to provide visual status of encoder functionality.
Dynapar’s SLIM Tach ST56 features:
- Thin 3/4” Profile and Compact 9.8” height Saves Space and Can be “Sandwiched” Between Motor & Reducer
- New Sensing technology with the Largest Air Gap in the Industry of 0.060” Provides Forgiving Installation and the Highest Tolerance to Motor Shaft Run-out in the Market
- Bearingless Design Mounts to 56 and 140 C-Face Motors
- Anodized Aluminum Housing with Field-Serviceable Connector available in Single or Dual Output Options
- On-Board Diagnostics with LED and Alarm Output for Immediate identification of Signal Disruption
For further information on the ST56, click here.