Parker’s Electromechanical & Drives Division North America has released the ACR7000 series controllers. The new ACR7000 series combines performance, value and scalability that exceeds OEM expectations. Built on the well-known ACR9000 platform, the new family uses re-imagined hardware designs, ideal for tabletop and laboratory style instruments. With the power and flexibility of the AcroBasic language, the ACR7000 series is the perfect building block for motion system solutions.
“The first member of the ACR7000 family packs a versatile motion controller, efficient, high-performance stepper drives, and fast Ethernet communications into a compact, space-saving package,” says Jim Wiley, Product Manager for Parker. “The all-in-one design will not only reduce the footprint of the control system but also eliminates the numerous connections and cables between drive and controller.”
Hardware features include:
- 800 MHz ARM Cortex A8 processor
- Ethernet communications, RJ-45 connection
- 24 Vdc motor input power and separate 24 Vdc control power
- Four micro-stepping drives with up to 4 A for each motor
- Selectable micro-stepping resolution, up to 51,200 steps/rev
- Four encoder inputs for optional position maintenance or position verification functions
- On-board I/O, including high-speed trigger inputs and encoder-based outputs
The release of the ACR7000 also introduces a new software development tool, Parker Motion Manager (PMM). Parker Motion Manager combines the best of Parker’s ACR-View (a powerful code-development tool) and years of user feedback in a modern, user-friendly, and scalable software development environment. A stream-lined set-up wizard and new-look software oscilloscope are among the features in PMM.
For more information, visit http://www.parkermotion.com/7000.
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.