Yaskawa America, Inc. will introduce i3 Control (“iCube” Control), their new single control technology, during Pack Expo 2022. Pack Expo is the biggest packaging and processing show in North America. Yaskawa will be exhibiting at booth #S-2776.
iCube Control debuted in the European market earlier this year and is now being introduced in North America. This breakthrough open system platform consolidates a variety of automation controls into one centralized controller, allowing for seamless and secure collaboration by teams across different locations. iCube Control, which combines powerful, modular hardware with a flexible software infrastructure, is easily scalable and fully customizable to meet the individual needs of its users.
This machine control platform includes five powerful elements:
- i³ MC, a machine controller for motion, logic, kinematics, safety and more.
- i³ Engineer, which promotes multi-location collaboration by providing a single environment for motion, logic and safety programming.
- i³ Data, a dedicated control module for real-time data acquisition, processing, communication and feedback.
- i³ Web, a secure web-based management platform.
- i³ Kinematics, which delivers integrated control and safety for Delta, SCARA, 6-axis, Gantry and customer-specific mechanisms.
“We’re excited to introduce iCube Control at Pack Expo,” said Jeff Pike, Director of Motion Group Marketing at Yaskawa America. “The platform has already been embraced by the European market, and we are confident it will gain immediate acceptance here, too. Enhancing our proven motion technology with an open machine control solution that boosts safety and security is well-suited for the emerging needs of machine builders in North America.”
Pack Expo, which takes place at the McCormick Place Convention Center in Chicago from October 23 to 26, will feature more than 2,100 exhibitors and over 30,000 attendees. In addition to their iCube Control technology, Yaskawa will feature multiple robot demonstrations at the show and showcase a full suite of innovative products and technologies.
To learn more about the new iCube, visit https://www.icubecontrol.com/.