Aerotech Inc. has released the HEX150-140HL, a miniature hexapod six degree-of-freedom (DOF) positioning system that provides precise translation in the X, Y and Z directions and rotation around each of these axes. The HEX150-140HL delivers significantly better minimal incremental motion and more linear travel than its competitors — all within a compact yet stiff platform.
“This hexapod’s combination of small size, high precision and outstanding load capacity provides users with an incredible amount of flexibility,” said Brian Fink, Aerotech product manager. “Plus our peak-to-peak specs mean customers know they can count on consistent, reliable six-DOF motion with every use.“
The HEX150-140HL is suitable for addressing space-constrained, multiple DOF applications that require fine positioning resolution, including photonic device manipulation, alignment and packaging, optics inspection and alignment, optical wafer probing, aerospace and satellite sensor testing, and synchrotron and beamline sample manipulation.
Key features include:
● Industry-leading minimum incremental motion of 20 nm in XYZ & 0.04 arc sec in θxθyθz;
● High payload lift capabilities up to 7.5 kg & backdriving resistance to 100 N;
● Ample range of motion for simple integration into complex applications;
● Multi-axis (servo, stepper, piezo & more) motion coordination using Aerotech controllers; and
● Easy to control & program with virtual pivot point adjustment.