Dunkermotoren recently launched a new BG 95 brushless electric motor … a dc motor with a power range to 3 kW that operates in battery-powered and hydraulic-driven applications.
In fact, these motors have continuous output to 1,100 W.
Other features making this a high-performance package are integrated controls and power electronics.
The integrated CANopen-interface simplifies integration in CANopen networks.
Smart-motor adaptability for new designs
With voltage to 325 Vdc, the BG 95 gives designers new options for battery-powered motors.
The wide power range makes the BG 95 suitable for agricultural industry, precise industrial automation, storage and retrieval applications, and autonomous ground vehicles (AGVs).
But to make the range of voltages possible, engineers at Dunkermotoren had to overcome some challenges in the design of the stator winding — with large-diameter wire.
There was also the mechatronic challenge of integrating the power electronics.
Here, Dunkermotoren added a conductive housing to the BG 95 to carry away heat.
Myriad motion controls and a CANopen interface allows high-resolution positioning, and the option to move to stored positions via digital inputs.
All these new features in combination with proven standards — and the launch of additional fieldbus interfaces beyond the CANopen standard — make this motor adaptable to many applications.
Brushless electric motor is all-in-one solution
• Implementation with Hall sensors (for simple rotor-position feedback)
• Setups using integrated controllers for speed control
• An intelligent drive with complete integrated electronics for complex motion profiles
For all of these versions, Dunkermotoren offers planetary gearboxes and a variety of brakes to meet an array of performance demands.
Features of the BG 95 dPro CANopen motor in a nutshell
• Integrated CANopen-interface
• DS402 compatible (compare IEC 61800-7) and quick start capable
• No T-connector necessary due to two separate CAN plugs
• Integrated encoder with high resolution (4096 PPR)
• Available as 24, 48, 60 and 325 V versions; suitable for battery applications
• Fits into the modular system of Dunkermotoren, and specifically to the planetary gearbox