CGI Inc., a leading manufacturer of custom precision gearboxes and mechanical subassemblies, now sells a new line of IP69K-rated precision planetary gearheads. These Raptor-SS series gearheads are washdown ready and built with advanced heat-treated materials — with stainless-steel construction or a white epoxy coating.
Raptor-SS gearheads are compact (with lengths from 3.39 to 7.63 in.) and have a captive input pinion; high-torque gear geometry; and exceptional stiffness and loading characteristics. They can mount in any direction and accept input speeds to 6,500 rpm. Service life exceeds 15,000 hours.
The IP69K-rated gearheads come in:
- One, two, or three-stage configurations (with backlash of 4, 6, and 8 arc-min. respectively) to deliver speed-reduction ratios of 4:1 to 700:1 — with other ratios possible from the three-stage version
• Standard NEMA and metric configurations — and with other features for quick installation
• Versions with food-grade grease for food-related applications
Efficiencies are better than 95% for single-stage gearheads, 90% for two-stage gearheads, and 85% for three-stage gearheads in the Raptor-SS series. Operating range is -40° to +250° F.
Raptor-SS gearheads in 023RTX (NEMA) and 060RTX (metric) sizes deliver nominal torques of 17 to 45 Nm; maximum acceleration torques of 22 to 53 Nm; and peak emergency-stop torques of 81 to 107 Nm. Torsional stiffness is 15 arc-min.
Raptor-SS gearheads in 034RTX (NEMA) and 090RTX (metric) sizes deliver nominal torques of 63 to 164 Nm; maximum acceleration torques of 80 to 207 Nm; and peak emergency-stop torques of 277 to 392 Nm. Torsional stiffness is 70 arc-min.
Besides stock products, CGI Inc. also supplies customized gear solutions. The manufacturer’s in-house capabilities include:
- Engineering and design support from initial design and prototyping to full-scale production — collaborating with OEMs to design manufacturable components that meet or exceed design parameters
• Design and assembly of complete gearboxes with grinding, turning, milling, Swiss-type, and diverse machining capabilities to customize various geared designs
• Heat treating, laser welding, and electrical discharge machining (EDM)
• Execution of testing and validation to help customers get industry approvals; support of inventory management and KANBAN integration to streamline supply-chain management
For more information about these capabilities and the new Raptor-SS series of gearheads, visit www.cgimotion.com.
From Prototype to Production CGI Motion enables design excellence across a wide range of industrial applications. We thrive on customer driven innovation in precision gearbox, precision machined components and electro-mechanical assembly solutions ranging from aerospace systems to semiconductor applications. We are your design and manufacturing partner helping to differentiate your product, machine or innovation. Our team of problem solving engineers and product managers can bring your application to market on time and under budget. Whether it’s an improvement on a current design or groundbreaking new designs, CGI has the know-how and team to enable design excellence. Connect with us today to explore what CGI Motion can do for you.
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.