Groschopp Inc. recently launched a mobile-friendly website that focuses on making the search for a motor or gearmotor simple for the user — with a motor-selection tool and more. The website at groschopp.com adds a new motor search tool that enables users to easily maneuver through Groschopp products.
“Motor manufacturing websites can be overwhelming to use because of the complex navigation options. Our goal was to make the process of finding a motor simple and convenient,” said Ron Didier, Groschopp’s President. “Our new search tool allows users to have more control when defining their specification needs.” Key changes are:
A new Motor Search tool
Groschopp’s updated motor search tool is intended to be the most user-friendly in the industry. The speed, torque and power settings can be adjusted to broaden or narrow the search as needed. As motor parameters are selected, results are continually loaded below the tool. This makes it is easy to modify the search for optimal results.
The new website adapts to various screen sizes, making it easy to search for motors, view prints and use Groschopp’s technical resources on desktops, tablets and mobile phones.
Updated site navigation
The new site is organized by motor type—Permanent Magnet DC, AC Induction, Brushless DC, and Universal. Links to these product categories are located on the new homepage, allowing the user to click directly to the style of motor or gearmotor they need.
- 3D models and prints on every product page
- Speed-Torque-Power (STP) unit conversion calculator
- Videos, blogs, whitepapers and other educational resources
More on the Motor Search tool
Many search tools in the electric motor industry only allow you to choose search parameters from a drop-down menu. The problem with this method is that drop-down menus limit search combinations, making it difficult and time consuming to find a motor that fits your exact specifications. Groschopp’s new motor search tool utilizes a grid layout so you can quickly switch through or add to a variety of parameters. The tool edits the results as you continually enter search parameters. This allows you to efficiently alter your motor and gearmotor combinations without needing to re-enter the search data for each adjustment.
The left portion of the tool provides basic search options: motor type, gearbox style, voltage and phase. You can choose to narrow down a category to an individual search option or leave it open if requirements are less specific. Each basic search selection you make adjusts the maximum and minimum range available for the speed, torque and power of the chosen selection.
After determining your initial search parameters, move to the right side of the search tool for the slider bar function. Choose a variable to manually adjust speed, torque or power, and the remaining variables will automatically move to their corresponding ranges. This function assists in making sure your search will produce the best results.
Tips for getting more out of your search:
- The motor search tool is available on the AC, DC and Brushless pages. When looking for information on the advantages and specifications of a motor with different gearbox combinations, it is best to use the tool on individual pages as they highlight the strengths of each gearmotor type.
- Need to quickly convert or calculate units? Download a STP (speed, torque, power) calculator to easily convert between English or metric units and to calculate torque based on speed and power, or vice versa.
- Know your duty cycle. Search results are based on continuous duty operation, but you can often use a smaller motor when running at intermittent duty, saving on space and cost. With advanced software, the sales team can match you with the best motor type for your intermittent application.
- The manufacturer offers modified and custom motors to fit harsh environments or challenging applications. You can begin virtually modifying a motor by using a “Customize It” tool on individual product pages. For a custom design that doesn’t fit the standard models, contact the Groschopp sales team.
- We have 150,000 possible motor combinations; not all of the products are listed on the website. If you can’t find the motor you need on the site, contact the sales team to see what other standard or custom options may be available to you.
For more information on how the motor search tool works, visit the help page or click the question mark icon in the search tool.
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.