Minarik Drives has introduced the MDBL Series, a new family of versatile, feature-rich, configurable controls for brushless dc motors. MDBL drives control motors ranging from 90 to 280 Vdc, up to 5 amps/1.5 hp, using either 115 Vac or 230 Vac line sources. On-board trim pots allow operators to quickly set minimum/maximum speeds, acceleration/deceleration rates, motoring and regening current limits, as well as the proportional and integral feedback gains.
An onboard microprocessor allows for custom programming the MDBL Series — for tasks as simple as changing the purpose of a jumper or trim pot, or as complex as programming an entire application-specific routine. The MDBL also seamlessly integrates PLC-like functionality into operations, eliminating the need for a separate PLC altogether or enhancing systems without PLCs. These controls are positioning-application capable, with feedback sampling rates of 16Khz. Each drive is designed for feedback from 120° hall effect sensors and can be commanded with a wide range of analog inputs with Minarik Drives’ built-in isolation.
Minarik MDBL series highlights:
• UL 61800-5-1 listed (Note: this standard will obsolete UL 508C in 2020)
• NEMA 4X packages available in both steel and plastic
• Doubler mode: Able to convert 115 Vac input into 280 Vdc output.
• Isolated inputs: Accepts floating or grounded signals 0 ± 5 Vdc, 0 ± 10 Vdc or 4-20 mA
• Diagnostic LEDs for power and status (e.g. undervoltage, overvoltage, short circuit/current trip, overheating warning/trip)
• Thermally-protected – recognizes when overheated as a result of overload
• Hall effect sensors: 120°, 5 Vdc, 75 mA combined
• Separate current limits for operation and regen braking
• 16-bit microcontroller on board, ready for mission-specific configurations
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.