Quantum Devices Inc. now sells time-saving programming technology that simplifies BLDC communication programming. It’s aimed at reducing production assembly and configuration time for OEMs that need incremental encoders to precisely control the motion and position on axes in equipment they produce.
The new offering consists of:
- A QM35 EZ-Comm low-profile incremental encoder with a full complement of commutation signals built into the base product
- A handheld programming module supporting 4, 6, 8, 10, or 14 pole commutation to accommodate a very extensive variety of BLDC motor designs.
In the past, configuring commutation for BLDC motors was a time-consuming multi-step process that forced OEM or end-user technicians to determine the precise angle of permanent magnets on a motor’s rotor, and to align this angle with the signals produced by an external commutation device.
These alignment and timing tasks have been greatly simplified by the QM35 EZ-Comm encoder and handheld programming device. All that is needed is the push of a button and two quick rotations of the motor shaft to time the motor to the encoder’s commutation signals.
The QM35 EZ-Comm encoder is a high performance, low profile modular design that is suitable for high volume OEM applications and priced competitively for all sizes of motion control projects.
Other significant product features include …
- Bearingless modular design and low profile assembled height
- Resolutions to 5,000 lines per revolution
- Through-bore sizes up to 0.375 in. in diameter
- Up to 1-Mhz frequency response and high noise immunity
QM35 EZ Comm with programmable commutation is the newest and simplest way to commutate BLDC motors.
Quantum Devices Inc. is an ISO 9001:2015 certified company that specializes in design and development of standard and custom high performance incremental encoders. Vertically integrated manufacturing ensures full control of product quality based on expertise in photodiode fabrication, electrical assembly, injection molding and metal component machining. Custom product specifications ensure successful installation, operation and maintenance in a broad variety of motion control industries and applications including robotics and medical equipment. For more information, visit www.quantumdev.com.