EPR Series right-angle bevel planetary gearboxes from GAM Enterprises deliver the quality and cost advantages of the manufacturer’s EPL inline gearboxes but in a right-angle configuration. The gearboxes come with precision-ground spiral bevel gears on the input stage and GAM Enterprises EPL or PE inline gearbox elements on the planetary stage.
EPR Series planetary gearboxes are suitable for an array of motion-control applications — including pairing with both servo and stepper motors. EPR Series gearboxes come versions delivering 3:1 to 1,000:1 ratios and five different outputs, including three different shaft options, a hollow-shaft option, and a flange option. Expected life is 30,000 hours for most models.
In contrast, PER Series right-angle bevel planetary gearboxes are a value-priced alternative to the EPR where there are minimal radial or axial loads. The PER-W version has a metric output while the PER-N has a NEMA output. Ratios for this right-angle gearbox are 3:1 to 1,000:1 (just as with the EPR Series) and the gearboxes are ready to mount to motors.
GAM Enterprises is known for its extensive selection of motor mounting adapters; those are also available for these gearbox products.
- EPR-W is a metric-output gearbox that comes in frame sizes of 50 mm to 150 mm and with heavy-duty output bearings.
- EPR-X (NEMA) is a NEMA output gearbox with ratios 3:1 to 1,000:1 and frame sizes in NEMA 17 to 56.
- EPR-A metric output dimensions match an array of widely available inline gear reducers on the market. Frame sizes are 50 to 155 mm.
- The EPR-F is a flange-output gearbox with a compact design — in frame sizes of 47 to 140 mm.
- The EPR-H (hollow shaft) gearbox includes a zero-backlash locking device to serve as a cost-effective component for any linear actuator. Sizes are 64 to 118 mm.
- The GAM Enterprises PER-W has a metric output face; frame sizes are 50 to 118 mm.
- The PER-N gearbox has a NEMA output face; sizes are NEMA 17 to 42.
For more information, visit the gamgear.com website page on EPR and PER offerings.