Stepper motors are common in positioning applications and have the advantage of being accurately controllable down to fractions of a degree, even without the use of feedback devices such as encoders or resolvers. They operate in open-loop (not closed-loop), without the need for tuning parameters as in closed-loop systems. Stepper motors are also … [Read More...]
FROM THE EDITORS
FAQ: What is TTL output for incremental encoders?
Miki Pulley introduces CYT micro clutches for compact precision applications
Stepper motors excel in unique conveying application
FAQ: How do proprietary and open-source PC control software programs compare?
Today on Motion Control Tips
- Miki Pulley introduces CYT micro clutches for compact precision applications
- EtherCAT Technology Group canvases globe with technology events
- Dorner showcases 3200 Series with ARB Technology and AquaPruf VBT Conveyors at PACK EXPO East 2017
- Thermoid launches redesigned website offering new product customization and selection tools
- Lenze Smart Automation teams up panel controller and frequency inverter
- Stepper motors excel in unique conveying application
- Advanced stepper motor drive designed for hazardous locations